This week’s prompt for the Great Book of Lists is to list our “dream travels” – “travels we’d love to do, places we’d like to go to, that we’ve been dreaming of”.
So, in the real world:
1. A long holiday touring across Australia,taking in a British & Irish Lions rugby tour, and specifically going to Melbourne (we didn’t have chance to visit on our previous visit to Australia)
2. Prague, Czech Republic
3. Canada, especially Vancouver
4. Those incredible white sandy beaches of the Maldives
5. Black Forest, Germany (visiting castles that have that ‘Disney’ look, but for real)
But as we’re talking “dream travels”, here’s a day spent in fiction…
– First and second breakfast in The Shire;
– a light lunch of a “sausage inna bun” from CMOT Dibbler in Ankh-Morpork;
– afternoon tea at Mole’s House;
– dinner at the restaurant at the end of the universe; and then
– off to the Mos Eisley cantina for some blue milk, repetitive space jazz, and the company of various scum and villainy, watching the twin suns of Tattooine set.
And one place I wouldn’t go–
To Tahiti. Even if it is a magical place.